Friday, September 09, 2005

Look who we got here, the new Leninist

For all of us who donated:

CNNRedCross

Not to mention the scammers, already active with fake donation sites, many of which tied to white supremacists groups.

Last night, Dateline was speaking also of this one supertrained medical emergency team being sent from Georgia a week ago and only treating one small cut so far cuz they keep on being relocated. And of hundreds of trailers, which had been requested, and have been shipped, but now sit motionless in some huge lot some hundreds of miles away.

I understand not having the time and enough manpower to take care of all (=failed organization, and whose fault is it?) and of course I know how media operate, I mean now that it's "in" to bash the Administration - AND NOTE I'M ALL UP FOR THE BASHING - they will dig til they find the tiniest piece of dirt. Come think of it is this improvised active journalistic dissent from networks and papers otherwise Bush-friendly that I find a bit disturbing. I mean, I thought Italy was the only country where whipping the First Man's ass (Berlusconi's) is the favorite national sport, after soccer of course. I mean, even his party, his people, "his" media partake. If nothing else, mine is a left wing publication, at least I never felt incoherent.

Anyway, I wish this criticism were due to a collective coming to senses. But I'm afraid it's just a sign of the old blame game and of the ever present love for Nielsen ratings. Times like this, I wish I could retire to my fantasy villa in Umbria and devote body and soul to the writing of my books.

No comments: