Friday, August 11, 2006

Vernon's Depeche



...in his new cd, Vernon tackles one of my fav songs ever. Can't wait to hear it. Here's what the Voice has to say about it...

"A Depeche Mode cover, "Enjoy the Silence," airs chiming octaved guitar in a bluesy then joyous motif, spiced by an oddball whammy bar effect that makes the CD sound like it's changing speed. And just when it seems like everything remotely possible has been wrung from the tune, the man on six-string delivers a forearm smash for good measure at the finish"

He touched Enjoy the Silence, I still can't believe it. It's like laying hands on the forbidden fruit. Oh what a sinful lot are we.

Very few people know it but Enjoy the Silence is the switch you gotta hit if you really wanna see me lose:
- my religion
- my restraint
- my mind

I've done the most stupid things under the influence of that song.
So much fun.

1 comment:

Penrod Watt Watson said...

Agreed: Enjoy the silence; what a great track.