Monday, January 23, 2006

what I want to see next at Moma

Pixar exhibit at Moma with my man .amp, had NO idea so much work went into the pre-production of animation. Before opening a door (a-ha! Monsters Inc's doors bridging the world of monsters with little kids' closets... genius) on John Lasseter's world I thought colorscripts were upgraded versions of the color palettes used by fashion designers and home decorators. Uh, nope.

Loaded with visual endorphins I asked myself: what exhibit-art installation would I like to see next? Easy. Movie posters. Must have been the conversation with Shepard Fairey, the mind and monolithic trait behind Obey-Andre the Giant. All he had to do to flip that switch was mention one name: Saul Bass. Because Hitchcock's "Anatomy of a murder" is not only Ellington's score. But also Bass' poster. The dream sequence in Vertigo? He directed it. Vertigo's poster? His. Etc etc etc.



And after that? Cd covers, all-time best.



(not an all-time best, but not bad either)

No comments: