Wednesday, June 14, 2006

this day one year ago

Yesterday I went down to the Foreign Press Center to have my badge renewed. It got me thinking about time: the FPC badge expires every 3 years. My hair was blonde and short in that picture. And only today, after showing the FPC officials a pile of articles (my work!) published in the past few months and seeing their pride (after all, they're the ones who started us all, we rookie foreign journalists, f.o.b.s who couldn't even tell Congress from White House and now look at us we cover THE UN - ok, it's social issues and MUSIC in my case, but you get the gyst), well only then did it really hit me: I've come a long way since I got here.

I also had a highly insipring exchange with one of the FPC officials: me "you look fantastic! You actually look younger than the last time I saw you and certainly younger than I do" (he's one year older). him "sweetie, that's cause I don't let stress get to me".

So here's to myself. (And to all the friends who helped me along the way)


This very same day, one year ago. I like to think I still defy gravity.

(Today I'm 31)

1 comment:

pookalu said...

finally i can leave a comment.

happy belated birthday. duh.

btw, i deleted my blog.

well, anyway.