Wednesday, April 05, 2006

this is crazy

Pitchfork reports:
If you haven't heard "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley yet, cherish your innocence and purity, for soon you will be a "Crazy" slut. The song went to number one in the UK this past weekend, despite the fact that the actual, physical single wasn't available in shops until Tuesday. This marks the first time a single hit the top of the charts based on download sales alone, and things will surely never be the same again

It's more effective if you try to imagine the "things will surely..." sentence as spoken in your father's voice. But seriously, this IS huge. I'll make sure to personally congratulate Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse when I see them in Coachella. Love the song, btw.

What's that you said...? Oh, you mean I haven't told you yet? Well yes my friends, I'm going, Coachella valley arts and music festival, April 29-30. I will cover it, take pictures, do interviews. But most importantly, SOAK UP the MUSIC. (and also, as suggested by YumYum, festival's veteran, I'll make sure I tie something to my car's antennae or find some way to remember where I park. All rental cars look alike and it could take up to hours to locate it, believe it or not. It happened to her...)

No comments: