Monday, March 06, 2006

Sometimes, establishment surprises you

"It's the sense of touch. In any real city, you walk, you know? You brush past people, people bump into you. In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something". Crash, Best movie, Academy Awards 2006



I love this movie. To me it's on a par with Magnolia, it just speaks so much truth about humanity and it rips my heart open. I was bitching because I was in front of a tv with la Supervillana for the Oscar broadcast instead of being at Nokia theater for Common. Well, it was worth it (and I had just had all the Common my eyes can take - without posing any risk to the heart, I mean - at an afternoon screening of Dave Chappelle's Bloc party).

Memorandum for the future: someone please get Terrence Howard's stylist and tell him/her to go easy with the bling. It should either be the pimp 4-carats pinkie ring OR the 50+ diamonds brooch. Both make just too much icing for the cake.

Go LUDACRIS!!!

No comments: